The Basics of the Sales Assistant Position:
+ You’d be drafting proposals based on notes from sales team members and ensuring proposal drafts are as complete as possible and contain only relevant project-related content.
+ You’d be reviewing new RFP documents and summarizing the project’s needs.
+ You’d be logging sales activity in the sales tracker on Clickup.
+ You’d be ensuring potential clients receive follow-up communications.
This role is a part-time contractor position, expected to be 10-13 hours per week. (This role can be combined with other roles we have currently open. See our Careers page for more.)
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE YOU NEED:
- Prior sales or customer service experience (1-2 years minimum)
- Familiarity with website projects and technical requirements of website projects
- Knowledge of how to use Adobe InDesign
- Experience writing sales proposals and responding to RFPs
- Strong follow-up management
- Capable of quickly responding and solving obstacles when they arise
- Comfortable working virtually with team members and clients
- You can work from anywhere. No moving involved. If you’re happy where you are, stay there. If you’re unhappy, move somewhere new. This position will go with you. (If you want to spend a month working from the Italian countryside or in a Scottish pub, more power to you.)
- You are part of a team of awesome people. We want everyone to have a voice and participate in our development and growth.
- We encourage you to try new things. It’s all about co-creation. So if you have other skills you want to share with clients, or skills you want to develop, that’s something we can definitely discuss once the major components of the position are moving smoothly.
- You get to prioritize your life. Work is meant to support your life, so we want you be able to make dance recitals, care for family members, be there for friends.
are you the right fit?
This position IS for you if:
- You are self-manage and take initiative with projects, thriving on accountability.
- You have strong customer service skills.
- You are a problem solver. When an issue arises, you work with team members to devise the best solution, bringing to the table ideas and suggestions.
- You synthesize information well.
- You are detailed-oriented and methodical. We set a standard for the kind of work we produce, so this must be maintained by all team members.
- You possess strong writing skills and enjoy finding ways to simplify your writing so clients can easily engage and understand content.
- You are a clear and effective communicator. You know how to present an idea or information in a way that’s easy for others to understand and take action.
- You are friendly and believe the best businesses operate with big hearts and kind words.
- You can adapt to situations as they arise.
- You know how to manage relationships and expectations with team members and clients.
- You are adaptable and humble. You’re willing to explore new ideas and ways of working with other team members.
- You take radical responsibility for your actions.
- You love people. Our clients are family and we take good care of them.
- You are looking for a long-term position.
- You are a bit quirky. (We are too.)
This position IS NOT for you if:
- You are repeatedly late executing tasks.
- You dislike meetings and conversations with clients.
- You look for ways to blame other people or circumstances when things go wrong.
- You dislike or have problems with regular communication.
- You believe your way is always the right way.
- You often miss details.
- You don’t know what WordPress is, or have never worked on a website.
While this position is remote, we are looking for a candidate in North America or Europe who would be available during our standard operating hours (10am-4pm EST).
how to apply
We want a superstar to join our team, someone who we can trust to get the job done right and be a team player. If you think that’s you, we want to hear from you.
Make sure this job is the right fit for you, and make sure you’re the right fit for this job.
Check out our portfolio to see the type of projects we work on. If you’re interested in applying please complete the form below (this will get it to the right person the fastest). Make sure to have
a cover letter and in it include the following:
- What has been your favorite project to work on and why?
- What makes you qualified for this position?
- What about this position or this company is appealing to you?
- What are your two superpowers?
- What is your hourly rate?
(We love good cover letters. Make sure you address ALL five items above to qualify for the next step in the interview process.)
Qualified candidates will be contacted to schedule a call.
Please do not call us. We like our processes, particularly our application process.