who we are
Alchemy+Aim is a website development company, specializing in helping thought leaders, entrepreneurs and creative business owners. We’re currently a close-knit group of 12 team members, led by founder Brandi Bernoskie.
The biggest perks of joining our team? You get to work with industry leaders, work from anywhere, and be part of the family.
basics of the position
+ You would be in charge of creating and refining systems with our team. We recognize the importance of good systems and procedures, but have no interest in creating an impossible-to-read operations manual. We believe our team, with the right guiding principles, will get the job done, but also acknowledge the need for systems within the business.
+ You would be reviewing timesheets and preparing our payroll on a bi-weekly basis.
+ You would be responsible for facilitating the hiring process, training new hires, and assisting with some management of team members. This includes but is not limited to drafting job descriptions, conducting interviews, completing onboarding of new team members, updating contracts, and organizing team meetings.
+ You would resolve any client feedback and complaints. While we’ve rarely had issues with clients (three instances in 5 years), the unexpected can happen and it would be your responsibility to handle the situation or let our CEO know what resources you need to resolve the problem.
+ You would be communicating with the team regularly. We use Slack for regular communication and Basecamp for project management. There are also some team meetings and individual meetings.
+ You can work from anywhere. No moving for a job involved. If you’re happy where you are, stay there. If you’re unhappy, move somewhere new. This job will go with you. (If you want to spend a month working from the Italian countryside or in a Scottish pub — we do that sometimes, more power to you.)
+ You have a flexible schedule. While we do ask you be available at certain times, we also strive to put family first. So if you need to be with family for any reason, you can be and hours can be made up at another time.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
+ You have at least 2 years experience as a business manager. We’re really looking for someone who can help lead this company, not just execute processes, but that is an important part of the job. You should be detail-oriented, dedicated, and optimistic.
+ You have a start-up mentality. We’re still growing and changing, which means sometimes you need to be in the trenches with us, assisting with new projects and client care.
+ You are empathetic, but choose your actions based on logical moves. We want people who truly care to be part of this team, so they can see and understand the emotions of others. But when it comes time to make a decision, you’re proactive, not reactive, making decisions after evaluating advantages and disadvantages.
+ You are available during standard operating EST hours. We do operate mainly on EST (our CEO is in New Jersey), as do most of our clients, so you do need to be available during some standard work hours for meetings, phone calls, and other communication. (Monday mornings are particularly important for payroll processing and a weekly meeting with the CEO.)
+ This is a part-time contractor position. This will likely not move into a full-time role ever. We value you and want you to be a long term part of our family, but currently and for the foreseeable future, part-time involvement would satisfy our needs.
are you the right fit?
This position IS for you if:
- You are a self-starter and take initiative with projects.
- You are adaptable and humble. You’re willing to explore new ideas and ways of working with other team members.
- You take radical responsibility for your actions. You will be a leader in this company, and should be willing to own everything you do.
- You love people. Our clients are family and we take good care of them.
- You are kind and a good listener. If you have magical powers for transforming an upset client into a happy one, even better. Sometimes people have bad days and they just need to be heard.
- You are detailed-oriented and meticulous. We set a standard for the kind of work we produce, so this must be maintained by all team members.
- You are honest and have no tolerance for drama.
- You want to be part of a team long-term.
- You are a bit quirky. (We are too.)
This position IS NOT for you if:
- You are reactive when you make decisions, or make decisions from a place of emotion.
- You are repeatedly late executing tasks.
- You look for ways to blame other people or circumstances when things go wrong.
- You dislike or have problems with regular communication.
- You believe your way is always the right way.
- You often miss details.
- You don’t know what WordPress is, or have never had a website. (Coding experience not necessary, but we need someone who understands what we do.)
While this position is remote, we are looking for a candidate in North America or Europe.
how to apply
We want a superstar to join our team, someone who we can trust to get the job done right and be a team player. If you think that’s you, we want to hear from you.
Make sure this job is the right fit for you, and make sure you’re the right fit for this job.
Check out our portfolio to see the type of projects we work on. If you’re interested in applying please email us (email@example.com) a cover letter and in it include the following:
- Tell us why you’re so interested in this position with us
- Share with us what you like most about managing a business
- Tell us what your two superpowers are
- Send us your resume
(We love good cover letters. Make sure you address ALL four items above.)
Qualified candidates will be contacted to schedule a call.
Please do not call us. We like our processes, particularly our application process.