who we are
Alchemy+Aim is a website development company, specializing in helping thought leaders, entrepreneurs and creative business owners. In three years, we’ve gone from solopreneurship to a close-knit company.
basics of the position
+ You would be in charge of our custom projects division. You understand websites and, more importantly, clients. You would be working with our project manager to ensure projects are on time and on budget, and meet all the client’s needs. Together, you’d also be ensuring that all our custom project systems are being followed.
+ You would be regularly interacting with clients. While most of our client interaction during the development of a site happens via email, there are some regular online meetings as well. You also have to be willing to jump on a phone call unexpectedly when an issue arises. Our client experience is very important to us and you are a key part of this.
+ You would be responsible for creating documents and materials needed during the development process. This includes but is not limited to scope updates, video walkthroughs, end of project reports, and feedback from clients.
+ You would be instrumental in identifying ways we can improve our systems and customer service. We want to truly serve our clients and not just code a website for them, but make them part of the A+A family for the future.
+ You would be communicating with the team regularly. We use Slack for regular communication and Basecamp for project management. There are also some team meetings and individual meetings.
+ You can work from anywhere. No moving for a job involved. If you’re happy where you are, stay there. If you’re unhappy, move somewhere new. This job will go with you. (If you want to spend a month working from the Italian countryside or in a Scottish pub — we do that sometimes, more power to you.)
+ You have flexible hours. We do operate mainly on EST, as do most of our clients, so you do need to be available during some standard work hours for meetings, phone calls, and other communication.
+ You’ll be a contractor but you’re part of our team. We want to make sure you’re the right fit for us and we’re the right fit for you. For the right person, this could become a full-time position.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
You should be knowledgeable about websites, particularly WordPress websites. More importantly, you need to love working with people, particularly clients.
+ You have a background in marketing, design, or development, Google Analytics, or other technical expertise.
+ You should be familiar with what SEO is and how it works, though you don’t need to be an expert.
+ You should have solid experience working in customer service.
This position has limited hours to start; we anticipate about 8-10 hours per week. If you have an additional skill set, there are ways to get you involved at a larger level.
are you the right fit?
This position IS for you if:
- You are adaptable and humble. You’re willing to explore new ideas and ways of working with other team members.
- You take radical responsibility for your actions. You will be a leader in this company, and should be willing to own everything you do.
- You love people. Our clients are family and we take good care of them.
- You are kind and a good listener. If you have magical powers for transforming an upset client into a happy one, even better. Sometimes people have bad days and they just need to be heard.
- You are detailed-oriented and meticulous. We set a standard for the kind of work we produce, so this must be maintained by all team members.
- You are honest and have no tolerance for drama.
- You are comfortable using Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and Sketch to gather information about designs.
- You are looking for a long-term position.
- You are a bit quirky. (We are too.)
This position IS NOT for you if:
- You are repeatedly late getting work done.
- You look for ways to blame other people or circumstances when things go wrong.
- You dislike or have problems with regular communication.
- You believe your way is always the right way.
- You often miss details.
- You have never worked on website before, or don’t understand WordPress.
While this position is remote, we are looking for a candidate in North America or Europe.
how to apply
We want a superstar to join our team, someone who we can trust to get the job done right and be a team player. If you think that’s you, we want to hear from you.
Make sure this job is the right fit for you, and make sure you’re the right fit for this job.
Check out our portfolio to see the type of projects we work on. If you’re interested in applying please email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) a cover letter and in it include the following:
- Tell us why you’re so interested in this position with us
- Share with us what you like most about interacting with clients
- Tell us what your two superpowers are
- Send us your resume
(We’re details people who love good cover letters. Make sure you address ALL four items above.)
Qualified candidates will be contacted to schedule a call.
Please do not call us. We like our processes, particularly our application process.