who we are
Alchemy+Aim is a website development company, specializing in helping thought leaders, entrepreneurs and creative business owners. In five years years, we’ve gone from solopreneurship to a close-knit company of 14.
basics of the position
+ You meet with clients to discuss strategy for their website, including but not limited to helping clients identify key locations for calls to action, reviewing e-commerce needs with client and educating them on what they need to prepare, reviewing onsite processes and procedures with clients, and mapping out member onboarding process for sites that include an application/membership.
+ When needed on projects, you would create wireframes for client websites based upon their needs and conversations around their goals.
+ You would be a key part of our sales/service team. During sales calls, you’d be responsible for taking notes, then creating proposals and follow-up emails for potential clients. You would ensure that all potential clients are guided through the process and answer any questions when they arise. For our support/service division, you would review support tickets daily and assign them to account managers. When needed, you would speak with clients to help them strategize for their website so they make the right decisions for their business.
+ You would be regularly interacting with clients. While most of our client interaction during the development of a site happens via email, there are some regular online meetings as well. You also have to be willing to jump on a phone call unexpectedly when an issue arises. Our client experience is very important to us and you are a key part of this.
+ You would be instrumental in identifying ways we can improve our sales systems and customer service. We want to truly serve our clients and not just code a website for them, but make them part of the A+A family for the future.
+ You would be communicating with the team regularly. We use Slack for regular communication and Basecamp for project management. There are also some team meetings and individual meetings.
+ You can work from anywhere. No moving for a job involved. If you’re happy where you are, stay there. If you’re unhappy, move somewhere new. This job will go with you. (If you want to spend a month working from the Italian countryside or in a Scottish pub — we do that sometimes, more power to you.)
+ You have flexible hours. We do operate mainly on EST, as do most of our clients, so you do need to be available during most standard work hours for meetings, phone calls, and other communication. But we know life happens so wherever possible, we’re flexible.
+ You’ll be a contractor but you’re part of our team. We want to make sure you’re the right fit for us and we’re the right fit for you. For the right person, this could become a full-time position.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
+ You should be knowledgeable about websites, particularly WordPress websites. You should know how to use a WordPress site, add plugins, change content, and make other strategic technical changes.
+ More importantly, you need to love working with people, particularly clients.
+ You have a background in marketing, design, or development, Google Analytics, or other technical expertise.
+ You should be familiar with what SEO is and how it works, though you don’t need to be an expert.
+ You should have solid (minimum of 2 years) experience working in sales and customer service.
+ You have experience (at least 1-2 years) of working with clients on website strategy (or similar experience).
This position would be about 20 hours per week to start, with growth to full-time, if desired.
are you the right fit?
This position IS for you if:
- You enjoy working with clients and helping them figure out what their next best move is, even if that doesn’t result in work for the company short-term. We are all about building long term relationships (technical and strategic).
- You are adaptable and humble. You’re willing to explore new ideas and ways of working with other team members.
- You take radical responsibility for your actions. You will be a leader in this company, and should be willing to own everything you do.
- You love people. Our clients are family and we take good care of them.
- You are kind and a good listener. If you have magical powers for transforming an upset client into a happy one, even better. Sometimes people have bad days and they just need to be heard.
- You are detailed-oriented and meticulous. We set a standard for the kind of work we produce, so this must be maintained by all team members.
- You love systems and following them, and look for ways to improve them.
- You are honest and have no tolerance for drama.
- You are looking for a long-term position.
- You are a bit quirky. (We are too.)
This position IS NOT for you if:
- You are repeatedly late getting work done.
- You look for ways to blame other people or circumstances when things go wrong.
- You dislike or have problems with regular communication.
- You believe your way is always the right way.
- You often miss details.
- You have never worked on website before, or don’t understand WordPress.
While this position is remote, we are looking for a candidate in North America or Europe.
how to apply
We want a superstar to join our team, someone who we can trust to get the job done right and be a team player. If you think that’s you, we want to hear from you.
Make sure this job is the right fit for you, and make sure you’re the right fit for this job.
Check out our portfolio to see the type of projects we work on. If you’re interested in applying please email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) a cover letter and in it include the following:
- Tell us why you’re so interested in this position with us
- Share with us a memorable client interaction (either sales or strategic)
- Tell us what your two superpowers are
- Answer this question: What are the top 3 plugins every WordPress site should have and why?
- Send us your resume
(We’re details people who love good cover letters. Make sure you address ALL four items above.)
Qualified candidates will be contacted to schedule a call.
Please do not call us. We like our processes, particularly our application process.